 Trains / 24595
Re: Grand Central Station and 2 wide trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:
   In lugnet.build.microscale, Paul Janssen wrote:

   I finally unpacked (and had to partially rebuild :( ), the micro-scale station I displayed on Brickfest. I made some pictures, including many of the back or the station, because that part was hard to see because of its position against the wall.

Hey Paul,

Is that based on Centraal station in Amsterdam? Either way, it looks great. It is hard to believe it’s Micro-scale!

Good work!

Bill

Thanks. It is (indeed) VERY LOOSELY modeled after the CS Amsterdam. I wanted such a style station, with the big dome-like train hall. Amsterdam has indeed one of those, but so do quite a few other stations in major European cities (Frankfurt comes to mind). So, yes, it ws modeled after an existing station, but ony the general idea, it is not in any way meant to be a micro-scale version of CS Amsterdam.

Paul