 Trains / 24494
Re: French BB63000 series diesel locomotives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:55:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeroen de Haan wrote:
Hi Didier,

It's pretty cool. Seen the FRET-version before and I wonder why it has a
bike on board? http://www.6studs.com/bb463981/P1080062.JPG  Are the French
drivers too lazy to walk to the front? ;-)

Thanks for sharing, Jeroen

Please, Jeroen, don't tell'em they're lazy :-)

More seriously, as you have maybe guess, these locomotives are only intended
with local operations. The bikes allow drivers to rapidly move around  on the
railyards.

Pascal will take some photos, I hope he'll take a picture of a "bike on board".

later,

Didier