 Trains / 24503
Re: French BB63000 series diesel locomotives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:19:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

[snip]

Didier Enjary

Hey!

Cool engine. I am intrigued by the trucks (bogies). Are those skirts
around the trucks or are they some other kind of stucture?

Thanks for sharing,
Chris

I'm pretty sure that the panels Pascal put both sides of the bogies are just to
make the trucks look good in 8-studs size.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dickydidier/BuildingInstruction/Train/BB63000/p045.jpg

but there are no skirts or specific structure in the real engine.

In my previous post, I wrote :

"The motor is the 12V type but conversion to 9V would be easy."

but I have to add that you might need to use 2 motors instead of one, because of
the heavy weight of the model.

finally, I add a link to pictures of the four main livery :

http://users.skynet.be/trainminiature/BB63000.html

If the "fret" (bright green) and "infra" (yellow) livery are quite easy  to
made, I think "verte" (dark green) livery could be made with 2 or 3 BNSF loco
parts and some minor changes.

Didier