 Trains / 22780
Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:59:02 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal wrote:
   There is a great new set out, 4857 that features an EMS vehicle with some wicked cool stickers bearing the acro FDLL, as the New York Fire Departments do (I thought it was so cool that I even printed some FDLL t-shirts, but more on those elsewhere).

Anyway, I have been meaning to build some fire apparatus for a scene I’m creating, and this (along with inspiration from such names as Gallant, TooMuchDew, and Asbury), and since I just got a 4857, I decided to roll.

It is modeled after a Lifeline Highliner. It is 8 wide, and utilizes the usual Schleim and SNOT routine. But dontcha love the sticker? :-)

JOHN

I was checking this out on Brickshelf. At first, I thought it was from one of the exceptional builders you mention, but then looked and thought “It’s bigger than usual” :o)

Very nice. You have some great detail there. Nice SNOT John. Stickers are cool too, but, I don’t recall ever seeing FDLL on a FDNY ambulance. I was wondering where TLG picked that up from. I am usually blocking my ears, rather than looking at ambulances, though.

I am VERY eager to see future apparatus from you.

Best, Jonathan