 Trains / 22508
Re: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:31:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
Thanks to Ben Beneke I learned these two things at BrickFest PDX:

Hello James,

thanks for your kind feedback concerning the "Schleimers'" portland trip!

1) A German counter-part to the fabled Santa Fe style warbonnett locomotive
is the German DB v200 or v220(?).

The naming has been updated at some time. V200 abd BR220 are the same engines as
far as I know.

2) 7-wide is beautiful ;-)

Thanks! Since you and others have jumped on the 7wide train as well (and since
some visitors must have reported about my presentation at BrickFest, which
leaded to some request by third parties for my presentation) I have now uploaded
that to brickshelf (of course as jpg-slideshow with quite strong
jpep-compression for quick access).

Follow this link and change numbering from 01 to 35:
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/presentations/BrickFestPDX2004/slides_pdx_01.jpg

or after moderation:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Passenger/DBv200/v1/Rendering/db_v200_v1_lorelei_p0.png
pic one>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Passenger/DBv200/v1/Rendering/db_v200_v1_lorelei_p1.png
pic two>

Very nice done; especially the 2nd version with the 6 times windscreen!

The V200 that I showed at BrickFest has been a design of Marmaris (Volker
Draschka) and he used completely different building techniques. Quite
interesting to compare your different styles of building.

Thanks for checking this early version out.

later,

I am looking forward to see your final version!

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: @John Neal (kudos to your roses!!): there is at least one V200 out there:
We saw that one in Frechen at our FGLTC-end-of-year-show:

The builder of that engine is never online and joined us in Frechen for the
first time.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:

The naming has been updated at some time. V200 abd BR220 are the same engines as
far as I know.

Thanks for that information.

The V200 that I showed at BrickFest has been a design of Marmaris (Volker
Draschka) and he used completely different building techniques. Quite
interesting to compare your different styles of building.

That is very nice.  So many methods toward the solution when aiming at the same
prototype.

I am looking forward to see your final version!

Well, this might be the final version.  I'm not too sure I am interested to
continue with it.  So, I have uploaded instructions for it.  Stickers with "DB"
would be nice.

P.s.: @John Neal (kudos to your roses!!): there is at least one V200 out there:
We saw that one in Frechen at our FGLTC-end-of-year-show:

The builder of that engine is never online and joined us in Frechen for the
first time.

Very nice. Are there two of those 8-wide v200's?  The second one just sneaking
into the right edge of the pic?

later,

James Mathis

Re: German DB v200/v220 Loc OR What I learned at BrickFest PDX
there: We saw that one in Frechen at our FGLTC-end-of-year-show:

The builder of that engine is never online and joined us in Frechen for
the first time.

Very nice. Are there two of those 8-wide v200's?  The second one just
sneaking into the right edge of the pic?

Yes, he brought along 2 versions of the engine (they were built in 4 batches
by various companies, hence the small differences)

I made loads of pics from them since I hope to copy one of those at a later
time... http://www.vanree.net/fotoalbum/javanree/lego/1000steine_frechen/
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit