 Trains / 21890
  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Does the motor stall at each limit? You could probably reduce the "problem cars" issue with an axle connector and extension (move the motor further away from the switch lever) and reduce the size of the housing a bit. ROSCO (20 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Yes, it does. I've been using it with this (URL) battery box> and all I need to do is tap on one of the buttons to get it to switch. I've also been running it with LACC with the throw time set to 0.1 second and this works great. Haven't tried (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Ok, Dave is right, this is fun! So, I added the axle joiner and this is what it looks like now: (URL) Moving the housing back allowed the signal arm to be simplified. Since the housing was moved back, there's now more clearance (about 1/2 stud (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) No problem! I might even build some of these myself... ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)