 Trains / 21702
Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 03:21:59 GMT

On Nov 24, 2003, at 10:13 PM, ondrew hartigan wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Bruce S. Chamberlain wrote:
snip
Congrats on your accomplishment. It is very rare that you find someone
willing
to take on such a project. I have to say that it is very impressive in
length
but I think it needs the little things like slopes to smooth out the
lines of
the model and some of the other major details like grab rails.

Over all I really like it since I have never seen one in Lego and the
fact that
it actually makes the corners is a major accomplishment in its self.

3 quick questions: does it negotiate points? Is it actually able to
run on a
layout? How long is it in studs?
Thanks for showing us,
OnDrew

It will go through the straight part of the point but the load catches
on the control arm when it tries to take the branch. It will run on a
layout if the inside of all curves have the clearance it requires. It
is 155 studs long coupler to coupler.

After getting a email from a schnabel car expert I have rebuilt  my MOC
to be more accurate.

Bruce