 Trains / 21678
  MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

This is the first MOC I have posted. I have built a 36 Axle Schnabel Car. My main goal was to build the longest train car, modeled on a real one, that would go around a lego curve. From the pictures here (URL) have succeeded. However, if I make the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

Congrats on the build Bruce. Can't wait to see some post-moderated photos. You should really post deep links for pre-mod works... Rob "Bruce S. Chamberlain" <sten@woz.org> wrote in message news:HouD0n.5HA@lugnet.com... (...) My (...) would (...) it (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

Bruce, that has to be the largest piece of rolling stock ever built from The Brick. As always, the red enhances the massive look of this monster. It's sure to overwhelm anything else on LEGO® rails out there. -HRH- (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

(...) Congrats on your accomplishment. It is very rare that you find someone willing to take on such a project. I have to say that it is very impressive in length but I think it needs the little things like slopes to smooth out the lines of the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

(...) Maybe its time to switch to a curve, straight, curve, straight, corner design? Josh (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

(...) It will go through the straight part of the point but the load catches on the control arm when it tries to take the branch. It will run on a layout if the inside of all curves have the clearance it requires. It is 155 studs long coupler to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

(...) design? (...) Nah, its time for TLC to release that new radius curve they are keeping secret... Rob (20 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC 36 Axle Schnabel Car

Bruce, is there any way you can post instructions for this? I'd like to take a shot at building one of these and perhaps displaying it at a local train show. -HRH (20 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)