 Trains / 20208
Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:19:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen wrote:

snip

   I secretly, and very selfishly, hope that TLC will not re-release momorail.

All bets are off WRT to the “momorail” ;-), but as far as monorail goes, Brad Justus was asked point-blankedly what the chances were that TLC would rerelease the monorail, and his answer was 0%. All parts specs for the motor are lost, and so any release would have to be completely re-engineered from the ground up.

So, your selfish desire, although no longer secret, is probably pretty safe:-)

JOHN, AFOFTX;-)

Yeah, momorail is funny :). Anyway, the only thing they need to design is the track wheel. All other parts thy have, a 9V motor, a battery box, and technick gears. They’d have to make 1 part that is a regular technik gear, with attached the metal gear that is at the bottom of the motor. The on-off switches can be modified (they should because the way they were prevents running a large loop with multiple stations (buncing back rather than going thruogh dependent on loop direction etc.) How hard can it be to make 1 metal gear? I can send them one of my motors, they can measure its specs. My selfish reason for not wanting it released are two-fold. My current collection is quite large (maybe one of the largest monorail collections?, challenge me...), with well over 400 track, (going well over 500 total incl. 200+ straights as soon as my next lot comes in), 45+ bases, 25+ motors. Second, I paid a pretty penny for this collection over the years. Resale value of used track will drop like Galidor prices when they re-relase monorail, but I am now assured they won’t :)