 Trains / 18946
Subject:
12V lego train device electronics FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:48:53 GMT

Hi,

I am currently investing time into the possibility of automating my 12V
lego train via the I2C bus. My goal is to use a less as possible (relative
expensive) relays, which means that I want to put current into the 12V devices
myself. I searched the train FAQ, but I didn't find any "internals" on the 12V
devices (stop/go sign, automated switch etc.)

So is there someone who knows about the inside of the 12V devices?

Guido

Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?
I am currently investing time into the possibility of automating my 12V
lego train via the I2C bus. My goal is to use a less as possible (relative
expensive) relays, which means that I want to put current into the 12V • devices
myself. I searched the train FAQ, but I didn't find any "internals" on the • 12V
devices (stop/go sign, automated switch etc.)

So is there someone who knows about the inside of the 12V devices?

Know about what exactely?
A picture about the inside of the 12V remote control point-motor is to be
found here:
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/9v_12v/pi463.jpg
Same is used in the automated level crossing and the decoupling station.

The switches are only switches, the transformer has been opened by one of the
guys around some time ago:
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=18548

No idea if someone took pictures about that.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?