 Trains / 18966
Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:34:59 GMT

Hi Esger,

The I2C bus is just a way to talk to electronic circuits (IC's in fact) in
easy way. There are only a few commands that you need to know in order to
talk to the IC's.

These IC's (made by philips and some others) have this I2C protocol already
baked in. There are device that do:

8 input/output
16 input/output
ad/da converters
ledddrives
etc.

which of all can be used to make a automated train layout. I want to make
some analog devices controling the actual train layout, but they are interfaced
to my computer via this I2C bus protocol.

I found some circuits capable of giving a short current pulse to a coil of a
switch device. With this I don't need to use relays.

Guido