 Trains / 17839
Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 00:38:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Chapple writes:
Highlights:  About 9000 people toured the various layouts;  Kevin and
his lift bridge featured in our local paper (local population ~1 million);
After years of taking second place at shows we finally got a first place
finish.  One factor which we didn't consider much before - other clubs
have layouts that don't really change from year to year while ours is not
only bigger/better than most of them, but almost entirely new each year.
There was great details inside buildings - many times not seen (or even
possible to see) including the first? working minifig escalator underneath
the domed shopping mall.

Here  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26099  is a link
to some photos.  My camera is quite poor by today's standards - many
more/bigger/higher-res. pictures (and further details) to follow...

Sounds great! Can you give some deep links? Perhaps the pattern? Thanks!

I meant links to the folder, and or the filename pattern, but it's been
moderated now.

I've got the layout we used saved at work; I'll upload it to Brickshelf
tomorrow and link here.

I didn't get any pics myself this time around, but Raven took some, and I'll
chivey her into getting me the disks.

Can you comment on this pic:

what is going on in the back of these elevators? Or is it the front? It
looks like the open back of the elevator is the crowd facing side?

Thanks!