 Trains / 17439
Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:07:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
I'd love some more ideas of the implementation of this concept, anyone up to
it...  So I've been looking for sub 1 plate thick elements. The verticle
panel part of a 1x2x1 panel is a 1/2 plate thinkness. The top "plate" of a
1x2x1 titling hinge has less than 1/2 plate thickness and the 1x4x1 lattice
fence is thicker than 1/2 plate.

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3938
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=6134
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3633

SteveB

MicroStripe using the 1x2x1 tilting hinge brick:
Use top part one color and bottom part a different color.
Need a lot of them!  But, when shown flat-side-out, the different colors
create a MicroStripe.  Don't know how to hide the "ends".  Here's a picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/TrainsOther/MicroStriping/MicroStripe/v1MicroStripe/hingestripe_v1.jpg

The 1x4x1 lattice fence element is almost 1/3 of the width of a brick (as
shown by MLCad).  Not sure how to incorporate this thickness into a smooth
construction.

later,
James Mathis