 Trains / 17038
17037  |  17039
Subject:
First TCLTC Layout! ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:02:23 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

My son Ross informs me that he has built the *first* Twin Cities LEGO
Train Club layout-- in miniature!  And so while we labor on building
the second (;-) TCLTC layout, I proudly present Ross's latest MOC:

Though Ross has been into building mini-scale trains for quite some
time, he was inspired by Dan Siskind's amazing Toy Werks factory on
the GMLTC layout to animate them (He also was very enamored with Shaun
Sullivan's 8 wide flatcar/mini-train car as well).  And that's all it
took:-)

Some details:

1. Unlike Dan's solution (which is chain-driven, and I assume Shaun's
as well), Ross chose to use pneumatic tubing for track drive-- it
seems to have worked out just fine.  The corners are anchored by 4x4
turn tables.

2. He also built a Super Chief to run around the track, although it is
rather long-- I'll have to grab some pics of that later.

3. It is wired to use either a 9 volt transformer or a 9 volt battery
pack for power.

4. As usual, I had *no* part in the creation of this MOC:-)

Enjoy!

-John