 Trains / 16827
  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) Hmmm. Every model I've seen of the Super Chief has had the stripes. Since I haven't researched the prototype, maybe the designers of the models had used too much "poetic license". Maybe other trains of the time didn't have the same decorating (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Santa Fe Car Sets #10022 and #10025

(...) And every model you've seen is incorrectly modeling the prototype... ;-) (URL) the page that John Neal dug up that I referred to in my post) No stripes on the prototype. This has been discussed before. I agree that models *can* look good with (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)