 Trains / 1612
Re: 4560-4561 Gaaaaahh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:40:13 GMT

The cars are tiny, even by minifig standards, they're like clown cars.

Oh dear. The cars were the one reason why I might have bought that set.
(Apart from the big supply of clear windows in the carriages.
How are the windows done?)
I liked the fact that they had decent sized wheels - I hate those
huge oversized wheels that started dominating Lego town back in the early
90s.  Plus the small supply of green bricks. Sounds like I won't be getting
a 4561 after all. Glad you posted that before I wasted my money :)

But it also uses a new (to me) 4x6 double medium slope that is basically
a 2x4 brick with 2 2x4 medium slopes unioned to it that I feel is a
waste. 8 of them in white.

The 6459 Space Port fuel truck uses two of those in grey - which was
the one bit of the set that annoyed me. I don't mind new bricks when
they do something that you can't do with other bricks. But these are just
like basic bricks joined together.

Having said that, that was the only bit of 6459 I didn't like. Space Port
stuff seems to have come in for a lot of flak on lugnet, but that particular
set (the only one I've bought so I can't comment on the others)
isn't really juniorized at all.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com