 Trains / 1570
Re: 4560-4561 Gaaaaahh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:18:06 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I just built my 4561 (4560 is the same set without the speed controller,
not available in the US, so now I have 23 extra speed controllers
instead of 22).

Any idea of which countries 4561 will be available in? I certainly don't
have much need of an extra controller (would probably just as soon buy a
couple from Larry when I get a big enough table to need more than 2).

I hate it. Heck, my kids hate it.

I knew I would but didn't know how much. It's very juniorized. The loco
uses a 1 piece bottom, that is, the inverse sloped lower nose (with
headlights) is a single piece that extends all the way past the motor,
about 10 studs long.

I think we may need to petition George Lucas to feature a train as one
of the important things in Episode 2... Then, maybe then, we'd get a
real set from TLG.

I really wonder if we could get a big enough train following to be able
to convince TLG to sell someone bulk bricks at a reasonable cost so they
could then assemble decent sets and parts packs for the rest of us?

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com