 Trains / 15161
Re: wow - brickswest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:44:10 GMT

"steve barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> wrote in message
news:GrsHwG.Ksv@lugnet.com...
That was a blast; on so many levels its hard to recount them all. The best
part was hangin' with everyone! It was great to put faces to names, meeting
many for a 2nd or 3rd time and building on old friendships. The MOCs,
Frank's 12v setup, and trading ideas during the sessions, and driving the
Santa Fe around! AND the SCLTC's layout was incredible! Their 2nd show was
like our (PNLTC) 10th w/ RCX trains, operating drive-in movie, and even
sculpted trees... ;) The other exhibits were great as well.

I'll chime in here.  BricksWest was AWESOME!!  It was so much fun talking to
people, and I walked away with a true sense of community.  Seeing old friends
and meeting new ones was so exciting for me I didn't take the time to take any
pictures (cause I was talking so much) [1].

The conferences were great, and we had an awesome group of presenters.  The
LDraw stuff all went well too!! [2]

And a big hats off to Brad and Jake, who not only attended the event, but
brought out tons of stuff to give away, and gave of their time to chat with us.
Especially Brad, who attended for one day and then had to fly to Europe the next
morning.  I'm sure it was fun for both of you guys -- but we appreciate you
taking the time to chill with us nonetheless :-)

I could go on and thank many people publicly, because I got a lot out of so many
of you -- friendship wise, LDraw wise, community wise, etc.... But, I'm gonna
narrow it down to a few:

Matt Gerber - for without your persistence, this event would not have taken
place.  YOU made this happen, we all owe you a lot.

Ahui Herrera - you are THE MAN!  Thanks for all the hard work helping to make
the LDraw sessions come out the way they did, AND for stepping up in a HUGE
support role for the event by managing the computers and
videotaping/transcribing.  Also, I'll tack Marisela on there too - for taking
notes of the LDraw roundtable (or U-shaped circle of chairs, with a table ;-) ).

Todd Thuma - taking the event pictures (you rock) and all the time we spent
together hanging out and chatting.

Geez, there's so many people I could say something unique about, but that would
be long winded (who, me, long winded? naah) and I don't wanna do that.  Cool
seeing again: John Neal, Abner, Dan Siskind, the Michons, Dave Schilling, Frank
Filz, Bram, Mark Papenfuss, Steve DeCraemer, D-Man (Dan Jassim), Dave Johann,
and on and on....  And meeting Eric 'Legomaster' Sophie, Steve Barile, Dan
Parker, Wayne (I forget your last name, but we chatted a TON about LDraw) and on
and on and on....

BRICKSWEST ROCKS!!!  I can't wait till next year -- all in LEGOLAND baby! :-D

Thanks everyone for coming, there was definiately critical mass. As for a
couple glitches, in the big picture, it didn't even matter. I can't wait
until 2003.

Yup, I agree.  The critical mass was definitely there.  And we had so many
amazing discussions and roundtables -- trains, LDraw, community, etc... and
inidividual chats too.  Lets act on the stuff we discussed guys (and gals)!!

I'll shut up now.

-Tim