 Trains / 1498
Re: Ideas for signal crossings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:59:08 GMT

HI,
I don't have any photos, but I have done afew things and need to find time to
work on another idea.
In my layout I have combined 9V and 12V, the latter to power lamp posts and
crossings.  The 7866 motorized crossing, as well as one built from parts,
blinking red lights on the vertical members and the upper crossbars, without
the swinging arm.
What I have been thinking about, is somehow using the technic light set (from
the space shuttle among other sets), to make red blinking lights out of 9V
Lego.
Several people have talked about using Mindstorms and motion sensors to
automate crossings, but I haven't got that far yet.
Hope these ideas help to get you started.

Michel Magnan

Has anyone posted pictures of Lego signal crossings? I'm looking for some
ideas.

Bryan Kinkel