 Trains / 14082

Re: Have you seen these pictures? Bridge of 5.15 m length....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:51:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Ben(ny) Efde and Marco (from Leeuwarden/NL) have done a new record of a
(100% pure) Lego®-train bridge which they have presented at their train show in
Leeuwarden last weekend.

That's pretty big... is the 5.15m measurement the span?  That is, is it
measured from inside the footings?

Also, what are the black "cables" made from- Technic parts?  Lego strings?
I didn't see any pics close enough to tell.

In any case, I'll pass this along to Wayne Hussey... he built a bridge with
an 18 foot (or so) span, though it did use non-Lego strings for cables.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

Re: Have you seen these pictures? Bridge of 5.15 m length....
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Ben(ny) Efde and Marco (from Leeuwarden/NL) have done a new record of a
(100% pure) Lego®-train bridge which they have presented at their train show • in
Leeuwarden last weekend.

That's pretty big... is the 5.15m measurement the span?  That is, is it
measured from inside the footings?

Also, what are the black "cables" made from- Technic parts?  Lego strings?
I didn't see any pics close enough to tell.

In any case, I'll pass this along to Wayne Hussey... he built a bridge with
an 18 foot (or so) span, though it did use non-Lego strings for cables.

Also used non-lego weights in the base.

Damn, I can't get to Brickshelf - I'll have to check the pics later 8?(

But for a totally 100% pure Lego bridge, just check here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3057 8?) Span is 3.6m (about
11'10"). Should be complete by Christmas.

ROSCO (real men build arch bridges!)

Re: Have you seen these pictures? Bridge of 5.15 m length....