 Trains / 13514
Re: Automated Points - Information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:19:34 GMT

Pedro Silva wrote:

In lugnet.loc.pt, Dean Husby writes:

(snipped)

If you feel you need to modify the switch to make it move easier. Have a
look at these pics.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/vlc/?n=1198

Is it really necessary to modify the switches?
I don't feel too comfortable cutting up my LEGO, but I have experienced the
difficulty of moving them in the past. Can't I use some sort of gear that
"forces" the swith, even if it works only at low speed?

Pedro

There are ways to do that, but I've had some trouble. The NEWEST
switches from LEGO are so hard to switch you feel you almost have to
break them to have it switch. The modification changes all that. If you
DO decide to modify your switch, use the method I show. Ask questions if
you have to.

Dean
--
Dean Husby