 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1198
1197  |  1199
Subject:
Switch Track Modification - A better way!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:42:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Today I realized that my modified switch track was the wrong way. A
right instead of the needed left. After the horror of modifying the
first one (I used one that didn't work well, figured it would be best...
No so. Nasty, the metal contacts had been damaged and now refuse to make
contact...) I really didn't want to open up another one to modify it.
When I really had to, to get the switch track for our next show, I
decided to try a new method.
I think it works REALLY well. I had it done in 5 minutes.

I think these pictures say it all.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/temppics/switchmod1.jpg
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/temppics/switchmod2.jpg
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/temppics/switchmod3.jpg
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/temppics/switchmod4.jpg
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/temppics/switchmod5.jpg

Except for the scar, there is no difference. Except it was very easy to
do.

Just gently pop up the long bar and, using an X-acto knife, whittle away
until your happy. Pop it back in and glue.

Comments?

Dean