 Trains / 12762
Re: Train Weight Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:44:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.trains, Dennis Hwa writes:
Okay, this is a question about train weights. What do train weights do?

Lots of stuff. Not limited to trains either 8?)

assume that they put more weight on the motor so that it won't slip, but I'm
not sure. Someone please tell me what they are for. If they are to put
weight on the drive wheels, does anyone know where train weights are sold?

They do improve traction, and also stability, if correctly placed. If you
have a tall loco, putting one of these under the centre definitely makes it
more able to take corners fast. Of course, you still need to worry about the
rest of the cars....

I think Pitsco sell there, or they're also available in some old sets - I
got my 1 and only in a 8862 (Technic backhoe)

ROSCO

Floating boats are also a great sorce for the weights.
Josh