 Town / 8451
Re: pl/ego airport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:06:54 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Thomas Main wrote:
   I’ve posted pictures and a writeup of my latest MOC, the pl/ego airport (a recreation of Playmobil set 3886) on MOCPages:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/10030

To see the original Playmobil set, click here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?U25B45AAB

I brought this to Brickfest, btw, and it made a spectacularly unimpressive showing next to the gorgeous Lego creations on display. Even though hundreds of MOC photos were snapped at BF’05, I don’t think anyone bothered to take a pic of this. :P Ah well, I will do better next time.

-- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com

Having a MOC that you were right next to at BF, thanks. ;-)

I thought it was a great re-creation of the Playmobile set. During the summer we did a gift exchange in my LUG and one of the gifts was a re-creation of a Playmobile showjumping set. http://www.parlugment.org/res/events/sge2005/equestrian.jpg

I think Playmobile is an excellent source for inspiration for LEGO. It is closer to classic LEGO than LEGO produces.

I did not get a picture of your MOC but that was because I did not take a single picture all weekend, so it was nothing personal.

Cheers,

Jude