 Technic / Bionicle / 2321
Re: Bulk Bionicle tubs at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:20:05 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Back to Alfred’s point, there are a couple of black Ruru that were Euro misprints and only came in the Powerpack in the US, to my knowledge - I’d also expect to see a couple of silver Rua (Hau) as well were that the case.

    8585 Hafu
25 elements, 0 figures, US$4, 2003
LEGO > BIONICLE > Mata Nui > Matoran

   In all, I’m still doubtful this was a TRU-instigated project, rather than a LEGO-instigated project that chose TRU as the distributor. Hopefully we’ll find out at some point, and see whether there’ll be any more such packs for other themes (which would rock).

I doubt we’ll ever see that happen outside of the BIONICLE line. Pretty much everything else is generic enough that it sees fairly wide use as it is. A lot of the BIONICLE parts have never been used outside of their initial purpose, and a lot of the ones that have still haven’t been used outside of the BIONICLE line. The only two other themes that I can think of that this holds true for are Star Wars and Harry Potter, and that’s mostly limited to helmets,hair, and non-human body parts.

What would have been cool is if they’d done this as a Matoran bulk pack back in 2001, like everyone was asking for. If I find one of these, I’ll buy it, but I’m expecting to end up with lots of extras of parts I already have sitting around.