 Technic / Bionicle / 232
Re: Second Batch has arrived - ripping fans off again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:38:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi again Bionicle newsgroup readers,

Time for another update! We (LEGO Direct) are working on compiling an
official Kanohi FAQ right now. I'll post it here when it's finished and has
gotten the official stamp of approval. It'll also go up on the website, for
all the collectors out there that don't read Lugnet.

Some questions have been pretty much finalized so I'll try to answer a few
things now, to make the wait a little easier. There is only one infected
mask, and it comes in the Hau shape. The mask shape at the bottom of the
Bionicle poster will remain a mystery for now... you'll have to wait and see
where that mask pops up. It is not included in the mask packs.

The masks in the mask packs *are* distributed randomly. I have been informed
that they're being produced in equal quantities at the factory. And then
they're packed randomly, two to a box. Open enough of them up and
statistically, you should get a roughly equal number of each mask. (I'm not
suggesting that you buy enough to do this.) This is definitely true of the
73 masks that are on the poster - 36 Toa shapes, 36 Turaga shapes, 1
infected mask - that form the official Masks of Power collection. As for the
other masks that aren't on the poster, they're not part of the official
collection and distribution may be more erratic -- for more information on
those masks, stay tuned for the official FAQ, coming soon (I hope).

As many of you know, there will be Bionicle games coming out for a few
different game platforms. The masks and their different powers play an
important role in the games, just as they do in the overall story of Mata Nui.

Watch bionicle.com for the next chapter in the saga of Mata Nui. But not
necessarily right at 7:00 PM on Thursday. The stars are unpredictable, the
constellations are in flux... and we only make updates to the LEGO websites
at certain times of the week. =)

Tomas Clark
LEGO Direct

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Christian Gemünden writes:
Hi all Bionicle fans,

I know that you all have already seen the masks of the second batch that
have been found. Well, here's my own experience of the second batch as I was
able to get my hands on these today. Just use this URL and click on the
"Batch #2" link if you want to read more, I did put most of the info right
on that page, so I'll not post it here on Lugnet too, the images would be
missing :-( ...

http://www.brickmaster.de/images/

At you folks from LEGO Direct:

Now that the second batch becomes more and more common, don't you think it's
time to give us some explanation on the strange assortement?

-- Why releasing 2 Turaga shapes in Toa colours, but only these 2 ???

-- Why not releasing Toa shapes in Turaga colours too ???

-- Why releasing (obviously, but correct me if I am wrong)
excactly 8 colours for Kaukau although 6 would be logical and 12 maybe - but
8??? What's the "official" order of these, where do the individual colours
belong to - espacially the yellow one!

-- Why are the masks still not randomly assorted at all. I got NINE
transclear Kaukaus today (out of 90 masks I bought), but ZERO
transparentorange ones, that's annoying!

-- What about infected masks, will there be more than just the "Hau" we have
seen twice already, will they be limitied to black and Toa? What's the plan
here?
And finally, what's the secret of the undefined shape mentioned on the back
of each bag. Obviously this shape has not yet been produced, or has it? Why
have we not seen it then and it's not listed on Bionicle.com either.

PLEASE TRY TO GIVE ANSWERS FOR THESE QUESTIONS! Another "We're still looking
into this (but do not intend to reply this year)!" would be fine.

Thanks a lot!!!

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de