 Technic / 962
Re: How good is 8428
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:09:24 GMT

John Cromer schreef:

I like the 8428 a lot.  I kept the main model together for months before
breaking it down.  It has a cute switching mechanism in the back that
snaps the rear suspension between low and high positions.
I'd give a normal-sized thumbs up.  (I like the 8462 also, mostly for
the blue parts, but I found the pneumatics mechanisms fun to play with.
Kept it together for a long time, also.)
Note that you *do* get paper instructions.  You can build two models without
ever turning on the computer.  The CD has the regular instructions also plus
instructions for a number of other models.  It's a fun set.  Go for it.

Cool. I guess I need to start shopping for the lowest price then... I just
hope the CD isn't as bad as the Cybermaster CD was... way too childish. I
understand it's for kids, but if I was say 12 I'd still be offended by it.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com