 Technic / 960
Re: How good is 8428
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:34:55 GMT

I like the 8428 a lot.  I kept the main model together for months before
breaking it down.  It has a cute switching mechanism in the back that
snaps the rear suspension between low and high positions.

I liked the CD, too.  You pick your vehicle, go through the building
instructions, adjust it in the "lab," then take it out on one of three
courses to chase bad guys.  You capture a bad guy by bumping his vehicle
3 times before your engine overheats or you have a blowout or something
like that.  Once you've captured all the bad guys then you get bonus
instructions for building a bunch of the bad-guy vehicles and driving
them around.

I'd give a normal-sized thumbs up.  (I like the 8462 also, mostly for
the blue parts, but I found the pneumatics mechanisms fun to play with.
Kept it together for a long time, also.)

Note that you *do* get paper instructions.  You can build two models without
ever turning on the computer.  The CD has the regular instructions also plus
instructions for a number of other models.  It's a fun set.  Go for it.

There's also a set inventory posted: http://www.lugnet.com/db/inv/?n=7

as evah,

John C.

In lugnet.technic, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
I just finished my Tow truck, 8462. I absolutely love those big "metal"
wheels... I noticed 8428 also has those wheels. Is this set any good or is
most of the money just for a CD with some dumb game?

The set is still way over $50 here in the Netherlands, so I'd like to hear
some opinions before I empty my wallet ;-)
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com