 Technic / 7110
Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:20:13 GMT

This thread got me thinking.

As you may or may not know, my site is called 'LEGO on my Mind'.
http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind/
The visual motto of this site has always been a picture of a man with bricks
for brains.

After it had been around a couple of years, another site appeared with the
catchy name 'Bricks on the Brain'.
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/

When this happened, I felt a sentiment similar to Tim's. I thought it would
somehow make my site name less identifiable and less original. Especially
for people who happen to come across BOTB first.

Typically on the net, as opposed to print, there isn't an obvious history
about who was first with what ideas, models, concepts, terms or names.
However I think ultimately anybody should be able to call his or her project
as he or she wishes. To me it seemed a lost case and once it happened not
worthwile to make a fuss about it.

So I'm not coming up with this to complain. I guess what I'm saying is that
this kind of things happens frequently. I'm just adding another case to the
bigger issue.

Eric