 Technic / 4317
4316  |  4318
Subject:
Solar-Powered Hexapod Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:18:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I built a simple solar-powered hexapod last weekend with some new parts
I ordered from Pitsco. The walker is quite slow, using the LEGO solar
cell to power a 5225 9V motor, which drives a worm gear coupled directly
to a 24T gear. I've found the LEGO capacitor to be quite useful in this
implimentation, as it charges to full after about 20 seconds in direct
sunlight, and provides the motor with power for about a full minute
after the walker is moved into darkness. My cat *hates* it. Here's a
photo if anyone's interested:

http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/solarbug.jpg

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/