 Robotics / 14682
Re: Solar-Powered Hexapod Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:21:15 GMT

"Henry OneTimeCRX" <hchea@kungstorget.nu> wrote in message
Regarding the solar powered walker and the mars rover, both are cool
looking robots!  I find that solar panel particularly interesting.
Perhaps put a solar panel on each side, with each panel connected to one
side of the robot...  So when there is less/no sunlight on one side, the
robot walks the other direction?

One question about the mars rover--in the pics with the wheels steered,
are the two wheels on the right side of the pics supposed to be turned
in towards each other?

Yes. That is just like the real one.
So it can turn within its own circle to improve manouverability
It turns by turning in the wheels, then running the left side forward, and
the right side in reverse, (or the opposite) then straighten up and proceed

regards
lawrence