 Technic / 2323
Re: Six bladed propeller, pls help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:40:26 GMT

Thanks all!

I'll answer you one by one.

Geoffrey, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean *blush*. Are
you refering to the 1x4 plate with a hole in each end with "notches"
around the hole and some half-bushings? This solution would make the
depth of the propeller 6 studs and the different blades rather offset?

Selçuk, I'm not that used to the CAD softwares availible, I tried to
find the model where it was used though and had no luck. But I'm
afraid this is a "one piece" propeller that can't be customized, eg.
no studs?

Andy, your idea is a great solution except the fact that I need to
build four of these and I don't own that many 3 blade rotors :(

I have done some thinking of my own and made up a quick CAD-file of my
thought, please take a look of it and let me know what you think.

I then equip it with cross-axles as blades and perhaps custmize them a
tad or two. My biggest worry will be that the cross-axle can come
loose from the center when I motorize it. I'd better find me some good
"Technic Connector Toggle Joint Toothed".

I also need to replace the number three cross-axles in the CAD-drawing
with number four. When I realized my mistake I was to lazy to replace
them ;)

TGIF!

/Tobbe

Re: Six bladed propeller, pls help.