 Technic / 16757
16756  |  16758
Subject:
Automatic synchro drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:13:04 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Finally getting around to writing up some MOCs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p7OMVMWD3A

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/sychro/ldraw/synchro.mpd

I wish I could take credit for this remarkable invention, but in fact I got the idea from here. Not having any instructions for this one, I made my own, and tried to make it a bit more streamlined in the process. (It’s worth looking at this person’s other youtube videos - there are some very interesting things - is it anyone here?)

It moves around, avoiding obstacles in its path, but it does so with only a single motor and no electronic components. (Like this one and this one). Power is supplied to a differential, which can drive either the 4 wheels together with the outer Hailfire ring, or can make the wheels change direction. Because the latter has more friction, it goes in a straight line until the ring is prevented from moving, when it changes direction.

Enjoy! Alexander