 Technic / 16754
Re: World's smallest pneumatic walker...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:52:55 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Alexander Holroyd wrote:
...well, the smallest I can manage, anyway.  Of course, I am hoping to see some
challenges to this claim! :)

Fully automatic - needs only an air supply.  Uses two small cylinders and two
switches.  Roughly 9x9x12 studs in size.  I found the small cylinders quite
tricky to work with, and a few compromises were necessary to get it down to this
size.  Nevertheless, it does work, just!

So - who can produce a smaller one...!?
cheers, Alexander

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/video/micro-walker.wmv>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/a.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/top.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/bottom.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/side.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/front.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/back.jpg>

Great job Alexander!

I have a biped that is close:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/pendmatic/p6120001.jpg

I guess I'd better get to work and make it smaller.

Kevin