 Technic / 16751

Subject:
World's smallest pneumatic walker...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2009 04:14:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

...well, the smallest I can manage, anyway.  Of course, I am hoping to see some
challenges to this claim! :)

Fully automatic - needs only an air supply.  Uses two small cylinders and two
switches.  Roughly 9x9x12 studs in size.  I found the small cylinders quite
tricky to work with, and a few compromises were necessary to get it down to this
size.  Nevertheless, it does work, just!

So - who can produce a smaller one...!?
cheers, Alexander

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/video/micro-walker.wmv>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/a.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/top.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/bottom.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/side.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/front.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/aeh/microwalker/back.jpg>

Re: World's smallest pneumatic walker...?
Fully automatic - needs only an air supply.  Uses two small cylinders and two
switches.  Roughly 9x9x12 studs in size.
And it's an hexapod in this size!!!

So - who can produce a smaller one...!?
A tough challenge indeed. Congratulations!

Philo

In lugnet.technic, Alexander Holroyd wrote:
[...]

Great job Alexander!

I have a biped that is close:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/pendmatic/p6120001.jpg

I guess I'd better get to work and make it smaller.

Kevin

Re: World's smallest pneumatic walker...?
Thank you everyone for the kind remarks - praise indeed coming from such
experts!

I have a biped that is close:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/pendmatic/p6120001.jpg

Indeed - one among many amazing creations.  I noticed this one is also quite
minimal:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2889657>

I guess I'd better get to work and make it smaller.

Eagerly awaiting the results!

Re: World's smallest pneumatic walker...?