 Technic / 16476
Re: How can I align something to this angle?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:24:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Geoffrey Hyde wrote:

I need to align a technic brick as close as possible to 45 degrees as the
part geometry and physical limitations would allow it.

There are several possibilities (45° angle between their long axis? Between
their short axis?), but note that by using pieces that slide along axles you can
get any spacing (and therefore any angle). Here's a really simple example
(Deeplink):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brdavis/Tidbits/anyangle2.jpg

By changing the size of the axle, what parts are on the end, where it pins
together, and of course how far along an axle you slide something, there is no
resolution limit (spacings can be arbitrary). Note that bracketing a crossblock
(yellow in the image) with half-bushings makes for a very strong connection...
and to make it stiffer, just add half-bushings.

--
Brian Davis