 Technic / 16474

Subject:
How can I align something to this angle?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 06:40:23 GMT

I need to align a technic brick as close as possible to 45 degrees as the
part geometry and physical limitations would allow it.

I've studied some probable solutions and can come close with ordinary
technic bricks and plates in between, but I'm wondering how short I can get
the mounting and keep it in a 2-stud width.

It needs to be rigid yet have slight flexibility of movement in it.  I would
also prefer it if the parts were common to many LEGO sets as I don't own a
lot of super-rare or specialty pieces.

Also, is there some technic angle calculation chart that already lists
predetermined angles for Technic beam connections?

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Re: How can I align something to this angle?
   I need to align a technic brick as close as possible to 45 degrees as the part geometry and physical limitations would allow it.

I’ve studied some probable solutions and can come close with ordinary technic bricks and plates in between, but I’m wondering how short I can get the mounting and keep it in a 2-stud width.

It needs to be rigid yet have slight flexibility of movement in it. I would also prefer it if the parts were common to many LEGO sets as I don’t own a lot of super-rare or specialty pieces.

Gives you exactly 45 degrees, only 1 stud wide, pretty strong, and a bit of flexibility. Using 3/4 pins and liftarms you should be able to attach it to beams and keep it all inside 2 studs wide.

ROSCO

Re: How can I align something to this angle?