 Technic / 16255
    Power Functions remote control Thumbstick, with instructions —Jason J Railton
   This is my design for a thumbstick (joystick) for the Power Functions remote control handset. I forgot about this until prompted, so here it is. It's a two-axis joystick that lets you move the stick up/down/left/right and operate the two IR RC (...) (16 years ago, 17-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

        Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge —Jason J Railton
     (...) Okay, thanks for the recommendations everyone. But having done this, I now have a new challenge (besides doing a better one of these, anyway). Can you make a mechanical tank controller thumbstick? It should take in up/down/left/right (...) (16 years ago, 18-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge —Alexander Holroyd
      (...) OK, here is an attempted solution to the "new challenge", i.e. translating joystick movement to tank controls. It works, but it's a little awkward to use (pushing the joystick sideways requires quite a lot of force). I'm sure Jason (or (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jul-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

          Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge —Trygve Flathen
      (...) See my concept design at (URL). (URL) It is not complete since I don't have enough parts, but you should get the idea. I have also made an improved version since these photos were taken. I will try to get it documented soon. -Trygve (14 years ago, 29-Mar-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

          Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge —Alexander Holroyd
      (...) Whoah! These look amazing. Thanks also for the very clear pictures. I'll be trying these as soon as I get a moment. Also looking forward to seeing the "improved version"... (14 years ago, 30-Mar-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge —Trygve Flathen
     (...) Yep, here is my version: (2 URLs) -Trygve (14 years ago, 29-Mar-10, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick, with instructions —Eric Sophie
   WHOA, what a great post! Excellent idea and very well made. I will be sure to try this out! Thank you! Eric Sophie (16 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic)