 Technic / 16257
Re: Power Functions remote control Thumbstick - new challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:12:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jason J Railton wrote:
   This is my design for a thumbstick (joystick) for the Power Functions remote control handset. I forgot about this until prompted, so here it is. It’s a two-axis joystick that lets you move the stick up/down/left/right and operate the two IR RC outputs of the selected channel. The up/down movement operates the right (blue) channel #2, while left/right movement operates the left (red) channel #1.

Okay, thanks for the recommendations everyone. But having done this, I now have a new challenge (besides doing a better one of these, anyway).

Can you make a mechanical tank controller thumbstick? It should take in up/down/left/right (+diagonal) motion like this one, but translate it into tank drive commands, i.e. forward/back operations on the left and right controls respectively.

Frankly, it’s got me stumped. It’s the diagonals that make it really hard.

Jason R