 Technic / 16005
Re: Killough platform with power functions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:49:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Timothy P. Smith wrote:

I’m enjoying it- I’d enjoy instructions even more!

How are your controls working? You control each motor with one IR channel, right? So you have to convert linear-to-holonomic in your head? In real time?

No - the mechanism with the differentials does precisely this conversion for you! As you say, there is one IR channel for each motor. I am controlling it using this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2830880 The joystick on the left (inspired by this one http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=15622 from Mark Bellis) moves it around in any direction without turning in the natural way. The lever on the right makes it rotate.

Thanks for the interest! cheers, Alexander