 Technic / 15939
15938  |  15940
Subject:
8480 Technic Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 02:23:40 GMT

Hi Everyone,

I just acquired an 8480 set (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8480).  As I am
sure that most of you already know, I have to say what a fun build this was.
I wish LEGO Technic would produce more sets like this.  I am not a fan at
all of studless construction, to me sets like this one have the perfect
ratio of studless parts/bricks.

Anyways after building this model and enjoying its many functions a thought
crossed my mind; how many man hours went into designing this shuttle?  Back
in the 90's I wouldn't think they'd have used computers to build their
prototypes like I imagine LEGO does now.  How many man hours did it take
LEGO to design this set?   Any guesses from any of you?

Dan