 Technic / 15685
Re: 8889 Technic Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Christian Fabsich wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Alastair Disley wrote:
christian wrote:
dear al

have you ever constructed a (portable) forklift or do you know anyone that has?

christian

No, sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but not me, nor do I know
anyone who has aside from the standard LEGO models.

Al

I started a 9th scale forklift in 2003 using a Bimba piston but never finished
it.  Although those pistons may be expensive and hard to get, they double your
possibilities with lifting designs.

http://bimba.com/

The one I have extends 20 cm, which along with a single- pulley chain system
would allow for a 40cm max height.

This fella is getting off to a flying start with a design.

hi nathan

nice forklift - would it be possible to mount it onto a lorry?

The forklift I posted is not my design. "TT" from brickshelf did that.  It was
just to give you ideas, and is closer to 1/16th scale.  Maybe you can find his
email and get some ideas from him.  My only idea is to use Bimba pneumatics.