 Technic / 15650
Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:33:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:

Here's a pic of the 360 degree roll, the first roller-coaster function that goes
beyond the capabilities of the old monorail:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/Roller-Coaster/360-roll/0_roller_coaster_360_seq6_qtr.jpg

This is the whole rolling track:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Power-Functions/Roller-Coaster/360-roll/roller_coaster_360_top_whole.jpg

Gallery when moderated: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=237940

BTW if the whole gallery isn't available for a while, try replacing
"seq6_qtr.jpg" with "seqX_top.jpg" where X is a number from 1 to 8 to see a few
more shots of the roll sequence.

I might make the roll a little less severe (it's currently as tight as the
tracks will allow) and also modify the vehicle, to improve gravity-defying
performance.  It might also be good to combine a roll with a curve - some of the
endless possibilities!

I'll make a note to take some "how it's built" pictures, especially once all the
ones I've posted already are visible.

This is very cool stuff, Mark!  As a bit of a Lego roller coaster guru
(http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/rollercoaster/), I am impressed and am
looking forward to someone developing this to its full potential - it looks like
some very cool new things can now be modeled!

-Matt :)