 Technic / 15615
Re: area51andahalf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:50:41 GMT

On 28/02/07, Bob Parker <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:
Hey, check that out...

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1867384
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/area51andahalf/Truck/thumb/d_c.jpg_thumb.jpg>>¬

Looks like an interesting way to control the pivoting motion of a jointed
vehicle!

Now why is that person's entire folder of lego pics under the keyword
'Avatar'?:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=191414>

Shouldn't it be under MOC or some other more accurate term?

The cool thing about the Damnation Alley Landmaster vehicle was that
it was a Tristar based traction system, which is actually seriously
cool, with advantages over plenty of other traction systems like cats
and standard wheels.

Have a look at http://www.visi.com/~dc/ for some top Lego designs of
working Tristar vehicles. I have built one wheel based on this, but
needed more differentials to finish it off. It is my intention at some
point to couple a tristar wheel base with an Adder-Subtractor drive (

I really do have to redo the orionrobots write up on the subject, as
traction systems are one area that fascinate me.

Danny
--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots