 Technic / 14544
Re: Telehandler finally completed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:11:27 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
You mean your earlier photos of the telehandler showed an incomplete vehicle? I
find that hard to believe! LOL!

Thanks for the kind words Vineet!

What I meant was; before the boom only elevated to about 35 degrees.  The real
ones go past 45 degrees.  It was a good design that needed improvement.  I think
it is lighter now too.

One good tip I got at BrickFest was to use black joints instead of dark gray
joints to connect the rack to the steering arms.  The black joints are tighter
and therefore allow for less play.  The guy that won the mineshaft robotics
competition (dressed in rainbow Lego apparel) pointed this out.