 Technic / 14114
  Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

After some research, I proved to myself that small pneumatic pumps are best for motorized compressors (what a suprise, Dr. Soh was right ;^) For those who are unaware, Dr Soh, is a long time LEGO pneumatic entheusiast, who is particularly interested (...) (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

Hi Kevin, Your compressor is very nice. I am fascinated by your crank. I hope I am seeing it right. It seems a very clever way of getting the amount of travel right and allowing the use of those pulleys with cross holes to connect all the piston (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) Hi Paul, THanks for the feedback on the compressor. Yes. There are actually two independent compressors that share the same structure. (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) While at Brickfest, Nathan shared his knowledge of radial engines with me. My future radial designs will have an odd number of evenly spaced pistons/pumps. I knew that one critical issue was that the piston shaft needs to point at the axle of (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) Hi Kevin I've just been studying the pictures again and they gave rise to a few thoughts. The broken hoses, I'm assuming you mean they pop off rather than suffer fatigue cracking, so is this because the pressure generated inside can become so (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) Hi Steve, I literally mean broken. I changed some of the beams to get a different color, and in thbe process created a hose cutter (not unlike a paper cutter) and unwittingly sliced hoses. Once fixed, I never had problems with hoses popping (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) Hi Kevin, Thanks. I am sorry for the slow feed back. I normally can only check in every week or two as I have no internet at home. Currently, we are on vacation in Lacaster, PA on our way to Ocean City, MD. :) (...) It is my understanding that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ILI0oC.1DE4@lugnet.com... (...) Do you think you could develop the hose cutter accidentally built a bit more to make something that could automatically cut pneumatic tubing to length? (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) Hi Geoffrey, It was neither kind of cut. It merely did a partial cut of the hose. THis is worse because it is not as evident. Kevin (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)