 Technic / 14114
14113  |  14115
Subject:
Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 13:28:35 GMT

After some research, I proved to myself that small pneumatic pumps are best for
motorized compressors (what a suprise, Dr. Soh was right ;^)  For those who are
unaware, Dr Soh, is a long time LEGO pneumatic entheusiast, who is particularly
interested in pneumatic engines.  He has a great website here:
http://www.fifth-r.com/cssoh1/contents.htm  When I first got started on
pneumatics, I learned much about pneumatics from his site.

Given that so many of my creations are pneumatic, I need a good compressor.
Here is my best so far.  Two battery boxes, two RC racer motors, and 12 small
pneumatic pumps arranged in two radial six piston compressors.

This made an appreance at BrickFest2004 but was not in working condition because
of broken hoses.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/dual-hex-compressor

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/dual-hex-compressor/p9090172.jpg

Enjoy!