 Technic / 13409
Re: Garage doors, partial Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:34:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Ross Crawford wrote:
Do you need both rubber bands? Removing one would decrease the tension, but not
provide as much help opening the door. I think the basic mechanism is very neat.

Removing the rubber bands doesn't help. The bands are not the worst
problem, it's the size of the standard bush which creates the tension.
I've tried to replace it with standard pin, but the bands were
constantly falling off.

Have you tried the pin with towball?
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=50

I've got now an idea and replaced the 1x1 brick
above the locked bush with 1x1 round brick - it seems that the groove
around the round brick's base helps a bit. It also seems that the
'groove' which guides the top of the doors is one plate higher than
needed, I'll try to fix that in the next version. I'm also planning to
make the doors 2 studs higher, I want them to be doors in fire station's
garage for the new fire engine.

Let us know how it goes!

ROSCO

how about a groov at the opposite end aswell?
Why do things diffucult when you can make it easy?