 Technic / 13403
    Garage doors, partial Technic —Jindrich Kubec
   Hi, I've asked some time before about an locking mechanism for the tilting garage doors I was 'developing'. I've solved that partially, but I still don't like the solution. Anybody could help? The photos are bad (I had 2 minutes to do them and the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Garage doors, partial Technic —Ross Crawford
     (...) [snip] (...) Do you need both rubber bands? Removing one would decrease the tension, but not provide as much help opening the door. I think the basic mechanism is very neat. ROSCO ROSCO (19 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Garage doors, partial Technic —Jindrich Kubec
     (...) Removing the rubber bands doesn't help. The bands are not the worst problem, it's the size of the standard bush which creates the tension. I've tried to replace it with standard pin, but the bands were constantly falling off. I've got now an (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Garage doors, partial Technic —Ross Crawford
     (...) Have you tried the pin with towball? (URL) I've got now an idea and replaced the 1x1 brick (...) Let us know how it goes! ROSCO (19 years ago, 1-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Garage doors, partial Technic —Jan-Tore Skålvik
     (...) how about a groov at the opposite end aswell? Why do things diffucult when you can make it easy? (19 years ago, 2-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Garage doors, partial Technic —Tobbe Arnesson
   Rearrange the rubberbands so that they help keeping the door closed when it has been closed a certain amount. To do this the hinge with the rubberband powered lewer needs to pass 180° which might be a problem. But if you solve that the rubberband (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)