 Technic / 13029
    Capacitors —Andrew G. Meyer
   What can the 4x4 green capacitors be used for concerning mindstorms? I am involved with a team of elementary scholl kids who have recently received nearly two-hundred of them. We just can't see what they could be used for, especially for a FLL-type (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Capacitors —Brian Davis
     (...) They can demonstrate energy storage. Wire together a capacitor and a motor (put a nice wheel on the motor so you have a way to turn the axle). Turn the axle, and the motor will act as a generator, pumping energy into the capacitor which will (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Capacitors —Andrew G. Meyer
     (...) Thanks, I'll try to set up an experiment using this. (...) We have no solar cells, which would have been cool, but the battery idea is useful. We have a lot of mini-motors, so maybe one of those attached to a bank... (...) No polarity switches (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Capacitors —Robert Fay
    "Andrew G. Meyer" <agmlego@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I2JLKD.1KEL@lugnet.com... (...) nearly (...) especially (...) They are quite useful with the Lego Solar Cell. They will regulate the out put at 2.5 volts DC. (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)